As a professional HGV driver you will need to complete 35 hours of Driver CPC training every 5 years.
This course is JAUPT/DVSA approved and ideal for keeping your skill-set up to date and enable you to stay compliant with Drivers’ Hours Regulations.
Module C – Daily Walk Around Checks & Defect Reporting
- Operator Licence undertakings
- Items to be checked during the Walk Around Daily Check
- How to record Daily Checks and Defect Reporting processes
- Enforcement Agencies
- Roadside Checks
- Types of Prohibition Notice
- Operator Compliance Risk Score
- Legal Obligations & Penalties
- Prevention of clandestine/immigrants, vehicle security.
Module D – Safe Loading of Goods Vehicles
- Introduction to Safe Loading of Vehicles
- Basic Principles of Safe Loading
- How to secure various types of load
- Types of load restraining equipment
- Considerations for load dimensions
- In cab height markings
- Bridge markings
- Projecting loads, marking requirements and police notification for oversized loads.
- Maximum weights for goods vehicles
- XL Rated bodies, Double deck trailers