As a professional HGV driver you will need to complete 35 hours of Driver CPC training every 5 years.
This course is JAUPT/DVSA approved and ideal for keeping your skill-set up to date and enable you to stay compliant with Driver CPC Regulations.
Module E Safety and Security Awareness for Goods Vehicle Drivers
- Health & Safety at Work - The Basics
- Responsibilities under Health and Safety Legislation
- Identifying site rules upon arrival at site
- How to react to risks
- Workplace transport safety
- Delivering safely
- Safe manoeuvring of vehicles and reversing.
- The use of banksmen / Yard Marshall
- Falls from Vehicles
- Manual handling regulations and basic principles
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Risk Assessments & SSOW
- Security, protecting the driver/load/vehicle
Module F Accident Procedures, Speed Awareness and Driving in Poor Weather
- Accident Causes & Statistics
- What constitutes a Road Traffic Accident?
- Accident Reports, Details
- The effects of Speed and how they are a contributing factor to Accidents
- Speed Awareness and Stopping Distances relevant to large commercial vehicles
- Speed Limits for all Classes of Vehicles, Penalties and Enforcement
- Speed Limiters on Goods Vehicles
- Technology in cabs benefits and distraction
- Poor Weather Driving