RHA Training’s Transport Manager CPC Road Haulage Level 3 course, designed to maximise your opportunity to pass, first time.
Delegates will be attending online guided learning sessions each week. During the online course, assessments will be set by the tutor with guidance on how to achieve best performance. During the online guided learning sessions there are opportunities to complete stage tests and learning activity that will enhance your understanding of the materials. Materials are supplied for each candidate for use on the course and the open book elements of the exam.
What is a CPC & why do I need one?
Applicants for a Goods Vehicle Operator's Licence must show that they are 'professionally competent' or that they employ a transport manager who meets the requirements. Persons will be considered 'professionally competent' by passing the examination for the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) conducted on behalf of the Department for Transport (DfT).
- Day 1: Introduction to Course, Framework of Regulations, Business & Company Law, Industrial Relations Health & Safety
- Day 2: Financial Management + Budgeting, Commercial Conduct, Marketing, Organisation Charts, KPIs & Work Plans
- Day 3: Vehicle Selection, Operators Licence, VED, Transport Ancillaries,
- Day 4: Vehicle Costing, Maintenance Planning, Weights & Dimensions of Vehicles & Loads
- Day 5: Drivers Hours; Working Time Regulations, Drivers Records, Record books
- Day 6: Safe Loading & Transit of Goods, Driver Licensing, Electronic Data
- Day 7: Insurance and CMR, Plating & Testing, Fleet Inspection & Roadside Checks, Speed Limits & Traffic Regulations, Traffic Accident Procedure.
- Day 8: Permits & Methods of Operating, Customs & Transit Systems, Business Taxation + International VAT content
- Day 9: INCOTERMS and Frontier Crossings, International Transport Documentation, Revision Financial Management Calculations, Mock Paper 1 Exam
- Day 10: Exam Structure, Exam Preparation, Revision and Mock Paper 2 exam, Course Close