Share this with your network
Online Transport Manager Refresher Course (Road Haulage)
Course Length: 2 Days
Course Content: Four Modules: Transport Civil Law, Access to the Market, Transport Social & Fiscal Law and Technical Standards & Road Safety.
This course will enable all participants to update their knowledge using a combination of practical problem solving and compliance-based scenarios.
Courses are run for both road haulage and passenger transport operations. Continued Professional Development is a vital component for all transport managers improving your skill set is important for your own piece of mind but also for the continued protection of the company operator licence.
Course are run in classroom, online or can be arranged at your premises, you choose the best option for you. If you are based in Northern Ireland this course is the only one that DVA will accept as proof that an update has taken place.
The aim of the course is to provide an update on recent legislative changes and operator obligations, refresh some of the key CPC subject areas which are vital to effective and complaint road haulage transport operation and to raise awareness of current best practices.
The Subjects covered are:
Course Aims & Objectives
- Operator Licence system & Operators commitments
- EU Drivers Hours
- Working Time Directive
- Environmental management
- Driver Licencing and arrangements
- Vehicle taxation (Inc. concessionary taxation schemes and supplementary tax/tariff schemes)
- Health & Safety in Road Haulage
- Analogue and Digital Tachographs
- Vehicle maintenance
- Vehicle weights and configurations
- Loading and unloading vehicles (current driver and load safety standards and requirements)
- Road traffic management and enforcement (Current VOSA and police areas of responsibility and activity including Operator Compliance Risk Score)
- Dangerous Goods movements
- Speed limits & traffic regulations (operator and driver responsibilities and best practice)
- International aspects of transport
- The Authorities & Public Enquiries
Course Duration: 2 days
Cost includes full seminar course notes and a certificate of attendance, 14 Hours DCPC