Share this with your network
RHA Driver CPC Instructor Registration Course
Who should attend?
Company training staff, driver assessors, fuel champions, potential first aid, Taxi and ADR Instructors and those who require experience and knowledge of instructional techniques and lesson planning in road transport related subjects.
For those wishing to train Driver CPC subjects and in order to maintain the standards required for Driver CPC training, vocational experience in the road transport sector is essential.
Candidates also have the option to enrol for the Award in Planning & Delivering Training Sessions Certificate. This addition runs along side the five course days using a combination of remote and practical assessment.
Selecting the 'right' candidate for the course is essential, delivering classroom training to a suitable standard can be challenging even for experienced trainers, RHA are happy to discuss these requirements and assist with the selection of suitable candidates before booking a place on the course.
Aims and Objectives
The training and development of instructors in training techniques to the level required for delivery of Classroom based DCPC Training. Develop an understanding of the requirements for centre and course approval.
The in depth study of a 7 hour Driver CPC Course, enabling the candidate to take ownership of your Driver CPC Periodic Training requirements. Entry on to RHA Driver CPC Instructor register.
- Introduction and background to Driver CPC
- Identification of training needs, the Driver CPC Syllabus and subject selection.
- Instructional techniques, qualities of the instructor, basic principles, subject analysis, preparation and planning,
motivation, question technique, confirmation and evaluation.
- RHA Modular Driver CPC Periodic Training Sessions 1 & 2.
- Individual training session assignment, guided preparation, familiarisation with training aids.
- Theory test 1 - Instructional Techniques
- Practical test - candidates deliver their own training session, feedback, scoring, action planning.
- Theory test 2 - DCPC syllabus Subject knowledge
- DVSA/DVA Centre and Course approval processes.
- Identity checking, record keeping, uploading process, planning other courses
- Theory test 3 - Driver CPC, approvals, compliance, certification , record keeping.
RHA Driver CPC Instructor Register - supported by DVSA
Candidates who pass all 4 tests will be invited to join the RHA Driver CPC Instructor Register, this register is shared with DVSA/DVA which helps with the application for course approval process as entry onto the register will be accepted as evidence of the trainers training skills. (subject knowledge and experience will need to be evidenced separately/by other means.)
Candidates will remain on the register for 5 years, to maintain registration attendance on a refresher course and re-testing will be required.
For those who wish a managed solution to deliver their DCPC training, successful candidates can join the RHA Driver CPC Training Consortium, allowing concentration on the training delivery whilst RHA deal with the course materials and administration of the centre.
This course can also be delivered at your premises, contact us for details.
Course duration: 09:00 -17:00 over 5 days
Contact Us: [email protected] Tel - 01506 420 979
Based on RHA's popular Driver CPC 'Train the Trainer' 5 day open course, a series of instructional sessions, candidate participation and testing. To enable your chosen in-company trainer to reach the standards required to deliver Driver CPC training. Those attending this course can also gain the optional Planning & Delivering Training Sessions Award by choosing SQA Certification at the checkout.