Share this with your network
RHA Driver CPC Instructor Registration Course
Who should attend?
Company training staff, driver assessors, fuel champions, and those with experience and knowledge of instructional techniques and lesson planning in road haulage related subjects. To maintain the standards required for Driver CPC training, vocational experience in the road haulage and logistics sector is essential.
Selecting the 'right' candidate for the course is essential, delivering Driver CPC training to a suitable standard can be challenging even for experienced trainers, RHA are happy to discuss these requirements and assist with the selection of suitable candidates before booking a place on the course.
Aims and Objectives
The training and development of instructors in training techniques to the level required for delivery of Driver CPC Periodic Training. Develop an understanding of the requirements for centre and course approval. The in depth study of a 7 hour Driver CPC Course, enabling the candidate to take ownership of your Driver CPC Periodic Training requirements. Entry on to RHA Driver CPC Instructor register.
- Introduction and background to Driver CPC
- Identification of training needs, the Driver CPC Syllabus and subject selection.
- Instructional techniques, qualities of the instructor, basic principles, subject analysis, preparation and planning,
motivation, question technique, confirmation and evaluation.
- RHA Modular Driver CPC Periodic Training, modules A and B
- Individual training session assignment, guided preparation, familiarisation with training aids.
- Theory test 1 - Instructional Techniques
- Practical test - candidates deliver their own training session, feedback, scoring, action planning.
- Theory test 2 - DCPC syllabus Subject knowledge
- JAUPT/DVSA/DVA Centre and Course approval processes.
- Identity checking, record keeping, uploading process, planning other courses
- Theory test 3 - Driver CPC, approvals, compliance, certification , record keeping.
RHA Driver CPC Instructor Register - supported by DVSA
Candidates who pass all 4 tests will be invited to join the RHA Driver CPC Instructor Register, this register is shared with JAUPT/DVSA/DVA which helps with the application for course approval process as entry onto the register will be accepted as evidence of the trainers training skills. (subject knowledge and experience will need to be evidenced separately/by other means.)
Candidates will remain on the register for 5 years, to maintain registration attendance on a refresher course and re-testing will be required.
Course duration: 09:00 -17:00 over 5 consecutive days
Contact Us: [email protected]
The RHA Approved Driver CPC 'Train the Trainer' 5-day open course is a comprehensive series of instructional sessions, to enable your chosen in-company trainer to reach the required standards to deliver Driver CPC training to your own staff and others.
Who Should Attend: Company training staff, driver assessors, fuel champions, or anyone with experience and knowledge of instructional techniques and lesson planning in road haulage-related subjects.
Aims & Objectives: The training and development of competent instructors to the level required in both subject knowledge and training techniques along with the ability to create and develop training to Driver CPC standard.
The in-depth study of a 7-hour Driver CPC module developed specifically for this course enabling your delegate to take ownership of your Driver CPC training requirements.