Keeping Lorry Drivers Safe
Help lorry drivers help us all during the Covid-19 pandemic
LORRY DRIVERS, IF YOU FEEL UNWELL
B) FIND A SAFE LOCATION TO PARK YOUR VEHICLE
C) IMMEDIATELY INFORM YOUR COMPANY & ASK FOR INSTRUCTIONS
General advice for drivers, delivery and collection points
1) Comply with the UK Government’s advice on Covid-19 – see: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
2) Keep at least 2 metres away from others.
3) Touch as little as possible.
4) Follow the washing hands guide. If possible, ensure hand sanitiser or soap is available in the cab.
5) Drivers should use gloves where possible and follow guidance on how to remove them without contamination.
6) At both the start and end of your shift, wipe down all cab surfaces. This includes steering wheel, gearstick, dashboard, handles, any other surfaces where the virus could make contact with a person.
7) Ensure drivers have food and water as back-up in case of low supplies in food stores and/or motorway service areas.
8) When refuelling, use disposable or other gloves (paper towels if there are no gloves).
9) Wash your hands immediately after refuelling. If possible, use hand sanitiser.
10) If the customer agrees, instead of signing documents, consider:
o asking the customer to send you/your company an email confirming delivery o using your mobile phone to provide photographic evidence of delivery
11) Use your own pen to sign documentation. Do not share your pen with anyone. Ask the customer to use their own pen.
12) Ensure minimal contact with any piece of paper.
Please do all you can to keep yourself, your family and others safe from contact with Covid-19