The Road Haulage Association Benevolent Fund (a registered charity) works to help people in hardship who are, or have been, connected with the Association. This includes members and former members of the RHA, their employees and former employees, as well as their dependants. It also covers employees and former employees of the RHA.
The assets of the fund are held in trust by elected trustees drawn from the RHA’s Board of Directors, the association’s regional councils and representatives from member companies. The finance department at the RHA’s head office in Peterborough administers the fund.
You can contribute in the following ways:
- Make a monthly donation - Donate by direct debit. It’s an easy and convenient way to support our work. Make a difference not just today but every day and allow us to deliver more high quality support.
- Make a single donation - Make a single donation using a debit or credit card. It’s quick, easy and secure and you'll be making a difference today.
- Donate by post - Please make cheques payable to: RHA Benevolent Fund and mail your donation to: Benevolent Fund Coordinator, RHA, Roadway House, Bretton Way, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8DD.
- Fundraising events - Have fun and raise money either by taking part in one of our events or by creating and running your own. RHA members who already raise money for local charities can choose to make a contribution to their own benevolent fund.
- Legacies - You can make a lasting difference by leaving a gift to the RHA Benevolent Fund in your will. It’s so easy to arrange and your legacy will help ensure the security of the fund for years to come.
- Become a Centurion - Centurions participate by investing £100 in the fund at the beginning of the year. Each month a Centurions’ draw is held, with cash prizes ranging from £50 to £125 and every June a cash prize of £500 is awarded.
Remember, both individuals, sole traders and partnerships can make tax-free donations under the Gift Aid scheme.
Applications can be made via post using the RHA Benevolent Fund Application Form and including the full documentation required. A checklist of the information required can be found on the last page of the application form.
The RHA Benevolent Fund Data Retention Policy can be found HERE.
More Information on Data Protection can be found HERE
To find out more about how you can help, or to let us know of someone who needs our support, please contact us at email@example.com or alternatively please call Naomi Hirst (Fund Coordinator) on 07710 173 047
RHA Benevolent Fund, registered charity number 1082820