Improving driver facilities – RHA Facilities Campaign launches today
Introducing our RHA Facilities Campaign to improve driver facilities on our roads. The campaign will highlight the need for drivers to have access to proper roadside facilities if they are to effectively carry out their crucial role of keeping our supply chains moving. The campaign will highlight the importance of driver welfare and wellbeing. It’s the third of three major initiatives we’re running following the RHA Skills and RHA Environment campaigns we recently launched.
Our RHA Facilities Campaign will support the ‘business as usual’ work we do to press for the facilities our drivers deserve.
We have launched the campaign with a petition – and we are asking members and others in the industry to add their support so we can take it to Government.
What we’re aiming to achieve with the RHA Facilities Campaign
We’ve set out three aims:
- Secure more lorry and coach parking
- Improve the standard of driver facilities
- Establish RHA as a leading advocate for increasing and improving driver facilities
We’re supporting these efforts through a number of initiatives that will evolve over the months ahead.
Here’s how you can support the campaign
1. Sign our petition calling for Government to take action to improve driver facilities, click here to sign
2. Share the campaign animation and content on your social media channels using the hashtag #RHAfacilities,and encourage your colleagues to share on theirs
Suggested tweet: We’re supporting the @RHAnews campaign to get the facilities our drivers deserve #RHAfacilities
You can also download the RHA Facilities Campaign Member Pack here.
3. Share any news, photos, and content with us about roadside facilities in your area. We want to hear about the good and the bad, what can done to improve facilities, and planning issues…email: [email protected]
4. If you have land available for building a facility or are undertaking to build, please let us know the details via our questionnaire here.
5. Send in your views, suggestions, and feedback to your area manager, or email: [email protected]. Ideas could include: stakeholders and organisations we should involve in the campaign, events we should attend, key public figures or influencers we should talk to.