Our RHA Benevolent Fund supports people with a connection to the road transport industry when times are tough.
How can we help?
We know that people in our industry are facing financial pressures as the cost-of-living crisis bites hard.
We want you to know that the Fund can help you through these difficult times and get you back on track.
Over the years our Benevolent Fund has helped hundreds of people with things like:
- Buying food, clothing and white goods.
- Help towards outstanding bills and priority debt such as mortgage or rental arrears.
- Funding for training – redundant drivers can apply for a free Driver CPC or driver medical to help them return to work.
- Much-needed aid equipment, such as wet rooms, wheelchairs, specialist beds, etc.
- Essential home improvements.
- Travel expenses for hospital visits.
Who is eligible?
The Fund is open to anyone in the road transport industry. It’s mostly used to help people who have a connection to the RHA and our membership, but it can also support non-members and the wider industry.
Get in touch
Please get in touch if you or someone you know could benefit from the Fund.
Our team will be happy to help you through the application process or help you promote the Fund to your colleagues and others.
Calls and emails are dealt with in complete confidence.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01733 856615
How to apply
We’ll need to find out a bit about your circumstances to see how we can support you.
You’ll find a checklist of the information we need from you on the final page of the application form below. Please get in touch if you need help with your application.
How you can help
You can help colleagues and others in need by promoting the Benevolent Fund.
Download our Information Pack which features promotional assets you can share with others. It includes a poster and tips on promoting the Fund through your social media channels.
How to donate
You can contribute to the fund in a number of ways:
- Make a single donation - Make a single donation using a debit or credit card.
- Make a monthly donation - Donate by direct debit to: RHA Benevolent Fund, Sort Code 05-07-44, Account Number 42147513.
- Donate by post - Please make cheques payable to: RHA Benevolent Fund and send to: Benevolent Fund Coordinator, RHA, Roadway House, Bretton Way, Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8DD.
- Fundraising events - Have fun and raise money by taking part in one of our events, or through your own fundraiser. RHA members who already raise money for local charities can choose to contribute to their own benevolent fund.
- Legacies - You can make a lasting difference by leaving a gift to the RHA Benevolent Fund in your will.
- Become a Centurion - Centurions help by investing £100 in the fund at the beginning of the year. Each month a Centurions’ draw is held with cash prizes ranging from £50 to £125, and every June a cash prize of £500 is awarded.
“I will soon be able to resume employment and regain my independence. Without the help of the RHA, driving trucks again may not have been achievable.” – Beneficiary
“We applied for assistance from the fund for help towards funeral expenses for my father who was a lifelong truck driver.” – Beneficiary
"One of our drivers suffered a stroke which prevented him from driving a truck again. The Fund helped him with the financial stress he found himself in.” – Moreton Cullimore, RHA Chairperson and Managing Director, Cullimore Group of Companies