RHA Training’s Transport Manager CPC Road Haulage Level 3 course, designed to maximise your opportunity to pass, first time.
What is a CPC & why do I need one?
Applicants for a Goods Vehicle Operator's Licence must show that they are 'professionally competent' or that they employ a transport manager who meets the requirements. Persons will be considered 'professionally competent' by passing the examination for the Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) conducted on behalf of the Department for Transport (DfT).
Our CPC classroom courses are held at 8 different locations
- Day 1: Introduction to Course, Framework of Regulations, Business & Company Law, Industrial Relations Health & Safety
- Day 2: Financial Management + Budgeting, Commercial Conduct, Marketing, Organisation Charts, KPIs & Work Plans
- Day 3: Vehicle Selection, Operators Licence, VED, Transport Ancillaries,
- Day 4: Vehicle Costing, Maintenance Planning, Weights & Dimensions of Vehicles & Loads
- Day 5: Drivers Hours; Working Time Regulations, Drivers Records, Record books
- Day 6: Safe Loading & Transit of Goods, Driver Licensing, Electronic Data
- Day 7: Insurance and CMR, Plating & Testing, Fleet Inspection & Roadside Checks, Speed Limits & Traffic Regulations, Traffic Accident Procedure.
- Day 8: Permits & Methods of Operating, Customs & Transit Systems, Business Taxation + International VAT content
- Day 9: INCOTERMS and Frontier Crossings, International Transport Documentation, Revision Financial Management Calculations, Mock Paper 1 Exam
- Day 10: Exam Structure, Exam Preparation, Revision and Mock Paper 2 exam, Course Close
Transport Manager CPC exams are held at, or very close to, RHA course locations. Exams are set and marked by Skills and Education Group Awards or the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport