RHA Members Awarded Truckstop Match Funding - Here's How to Apply
Wiltshire-based RHA member F&S Gibbs Transport Services has been awarded more than £150,000 in match funding to improve rest facilities.
Several of these grants have been given to RHA members allowing them to upgrade aspects of their facilities including on site security, parking, and welfare.
The HGV parking and driver welfare grant scheme provides match funding to support industry operators to improve HGV facilities, including, but not limited to the following areas:
- driver welfare facilities – including toilets, shower facilities, rest areas, truck wash facilities
- security for drivers – including lighting systems, CCTV and monitoring equipment, and secure fencing
- HGV parking capacity – including increasing spaces, reconfiguring layout or developing an extension to an existing parking facilities site (to note, applicants cannot use funding to purchase land or for planning permission fees)
- decarbonisation – including electric HGV charging infrastructure, alternative fuel installation and solar energy
Government guidance explains:
- the amount of funding available under the scheme
- who can apply for the funding
- how to apply for the funding
Richard Smith, RHA Managing Director, welcomed the move:
“We are pleased that the first tranche of grants has been announced and that lorry drivers will soon benefit from the improvements this scheme is helping to fund.
“We would encourage other operators to apply for funding to help them upgrade, too. Better facilities and more safe and secure parking for truckers are a key priority for our industry.”
The scheme is available for roadside facilities in England.
The window will close on 20 November.
Join the #RHAFacilities and #RHAInfrastructure conversations on social media.